While we all love to drive cars and motorcycles and explore this small and beautiful country but our enthusiasm is curtailed due to the unavailability of information regarding driving permits in Israel.
However, the good news is that you can simply convert your Foreign Driving License without many hassles and receive an “Israeli Driving License” in a very simple way.
Let us show you how you can do it in few simple steps.
- You will need to have a valid and active foreign driving license that is atleast five (5) years old.
- You must apply for israeli driving license within 5 years of entering the country.
- You can drive with your foreign driving license for one year from entering Israel.
Steps to Follow
You’ll need to submit the following original documents:
- your passport with an entry visa for at least 3 months
- your valid driver’s license from the country of origin
- a notarized translation of your driver’s license if it’s not in English
- Apply Online
- The above form would be in Hebrew so you would need a browser translation to fill it up. You will also submit a health declaration in the same form.
- Once the form is submitted, you will receive an SMS with further instructions.
- A visit to an affiliated Optician for a picture and eye-test. The following two companies are service providers for Driving License Authority (Misrad Harishui). Issta : 03-777-7777 / Femi-Premium: 03-5688140 Click Here for the list of Opticians in Israel.
- Visit the Driving License Authority (Misrad Harishui) by taking an online appointment. Click Here to schedule an appointment.
- Click Here for an easy to follow guide to schedule any government appointments.
- Pay the fees Online OR over the phone – *5678 OR through Automated Licencing Machines OR by visiting Post Office
Hurray !! You have done it. Drive Safely and Responsibly.
– Anand Chauhan