Check out these important safety tips to help you cope with the ongoing situation in Israel and keep yourself safe and secure.
The first and foremost thing to do in such an event is to be alert. It is very important to keep yourself together and maintain a calm composure.
Stay Indoors, Stay Safe
Please ensure that you are not exposing yourself and your family to the open areas. Stay within the confinement of the safe area and locate the safe place.
- Most of the homes built after 1992, would have a strong room or a safe room.
- The home build prior to 1992 might not have a safe room, hence; locate the safety room within your building premises (usually the basements, stairwell, etc). You might also locate a safety bunker or bomb shelters within your neighborhood.
- Visit these shelters in advance and check out the facilities. In any case, they aren’t accessible to you, please call the local authorities and they shall help you get access to the place.
- Stay away from doors and windows.
Be Alert and follow local guidelines
- Pay attention to the local news developments.
- Make a note of phone numbers of local emergency services such as police, ambulance, health insurance providers, safety personnel of your premises and keep them handy.
- Follow the guidelines set by the local authorities.
Please follow these tips if there’s a rocket attack near you.
- Vacate the area of impact as soon as possible and reach a secure area.
- Follow all the instructions given by the local police/authority.
- If you are injured, attend yourself first before others.
- Contact family/friends and inform them about the situation.
- Make a mental note of what you witnessed and help the police with their investigation.